Tenants Advice

If you choose to live in private rented accommodation you’ll be mortgage-free and you still have rights as a tenant.  The landlord has their own rights and responsibilities and must provide you with a tenancy agreement, by Law.  You (and any other adult resident) will need to prove to the landlord that you have the right to live in the UK, either with your residence permit or passport. For more information on your rights, we have written a post providing tenants advice here.